flume-user mailing list archives

From Mohit Durgapal <durgapalmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume to handle spam detection and rate limiting
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2015 09:25:18 GMT
Hi,

I don't think that there is any spam detection features that are in-built
in flume. But don't you think spam-filtering and check against other
attacks should happen a layer before flume, maybe add a layer of  LBs
between the web-server(or any other source generating data stream) and
flume?

Did you consider using a load balancer like HAProxy?
Have a look at
http://blog.haproxy.com/2012/02/27/use-a-load-balancer-as-a-first-row-of-defense-against-ddos/
.

Hope that helps.