flume-user mailing list archives

From Carlotta Hicks <Carlotta.Hi...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Monitoring the progress of events
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:17:02 GMT
I've created a simple agent with a source, a channel and a sink.  How can an application know
when all events sent to the source have been processed by the sink?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joey Echeverria [mailto:joey@cloudera.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 5:06 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Monitoring the progress of events

you should file a JIRA with Apache's infrastructure team:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel

@Carlotta:

What kind of monitoring are you looking for? I don't believe there is event-level monitoring
as this would be very expensive. What I've seen some folks do is send a canary event to verify
when processing of some batch has completed. This won't work if you have fan out/fan in in
the flow as the ordering between multiple Flume agent's isn't guaranteed.

-Joey

--
Joey Echeverria