flume-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Vila <av...@devlogic.eu>
Subject Re: Notification support from flume?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 12:28:46 GMT
Hi Manohar,

You can turn Flume monitoring web server that reports the numbers as JSON.
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume-ng/FlumeUserGuide.html#json-reporting

It explains that flume-ng agentshould be started with parameters
"-Dflume.monitoring.type=HTTP -Dflume.monitoring.port=34545", but there is
no info on how to configure those params in packed Flume for f.e. Ubuntu.

For ubunti package that you install via apt-get, you can
change /etc/flume-ng/conf/flume-env.sh and add those params into JAVA_OPTS
variable export... something like this:
export JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m -Dflume.monitoring.type=HTTP
-Dflume.monitoring.port=34545"

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Manohar CS <Manohar.CS@itcinfotech.com>
wrote:

>  Hi All,
>

> I wanted to know if there is a way of notification mechanism or some way
> of finding out if flume has finished transfer of certain file from spoolDir
> to HDFS sink? We know by looking at .COMPLETED files in spoolDir we can
> assume its completed but wanted to know if there is more reliable way of
> call back mechanism ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Manohar.

> Disclaimer: This  communication  is  for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s)
and  shall  not attach any liability on the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./its  Holding
company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. If you are the addressee, the contents of
this e-mail are intended for your use only and it shall  not be forwarded to any third party,
without first obtaining written authorization from the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./
its Holding company/its  Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. It may contain information which
is confidential and legally privileged and the same shall not be used or dealt with  by any
 third  party  in  any manner whatsoever without the specific consent  of  ITC  Infotech India
Ltd./ its Holding company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies.

--

Best regards,
Ahmed Vila | Senior software developer

Office : +387 33 942 123
Mobile: +387 62 139 348

Website: www.devlogic.eu
E-mail   : avila@devlogic.eu
recipient(s) only. This email contains confidential information. It should
not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any party other than the
intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination or copying
of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information
contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any
attachment and all copies and inform the sender directly via email. Any
emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons other
than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the
communication complies with the law and company policies.