flume-user mailing list archives

From Bojan Kostić <blood9ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Flume restart
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 20:18:09 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with my flume setup. Overtime they just take too much
memory. And i need them to restart every now and then, I searched web and i
did not found any clue how to fix this. Some people blame HDFS...
For now i just kill process with TERM signal and then wait for couple of
minutes to shutdown. Now i wish to do this automatically every day. But i
don't want to lose logs. Is there a way to do this? I checked flume-ng
script and there is only start. I could write my own sh script which will
send TERM signal and then check for flume process and if there is none
start again. But first i want to check is there some smarter way to do this.

Best
Bojan