flume-user mailing list archives

From Frank Yao <baniu....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume on windows
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 01:13:22 GMT
We are facing the same problem. Should flume do some comments to tell if this component is
suitable for Windows?
Frank Yao
@Vipshop, Shanghai
from iPhone

> 在 2014年12月4日,08:19,Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com> 写道:
>
> Theoretically, it might work - but there are several flume components that use fsync
etc  which won’t work on Windows. So any guarantees provided by things like the File Channel
are voided. That said, I have never tested it on Windows - so I can’t promise anything will
work.