flume-user mailing list archives

From "Hari Shreedharan" <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Loading Directories into HDFS
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 00:19:25 GMT
Flume deals with events, not files. Spooling Dir source can read events from files in a directory
on local disk and send it to HDFS, but the events from one file might end up in different
files based on configuration, routing etc. Also, Spool Dir source currently can’t handle
sub-directories, so any sub-directories are ignored.

Thanks,
Hari