flume-user mailing list archives

From "Hari Shreedharan" <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject RE: Flume HTTP sink for binary data
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 06:03:19 GMT
I will take a look at it in a few days.

Thanks,
Hari

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 2:36 PM, null <j.guilmard@accenture.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I’ve submitted a patch to the review board for the below feature.
> (Review link is attached in the JIRA)
> I’ve worked a lot on performances, which was not easy considering HTTPClient complexity.
> Regards
but it could be used as-is I think.
> Link of the JIRA and patch: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2524
> Your comments are more than welcome.
> Jean-François Guilmard
not sure I will be able to commit a 100% final version. It will be more a good base of work,
subject to comments, optimizations and propositions ☺
> Regards
> Jeff
new JIRA issue yesterday about some HTTP Sink having some sort of issues with SSL, but I wasn't
aware of Flume containing any HTTP Sinks in the first place, so I'm not sure what that issue
is really about.
> For example, I don't see any HTTP Sink here: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=tree;f=flume-ng-sinks;h=ea7df0714f788e92ddbb403b762623832228a0fe;hb=trunk
> Otis
> --
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:31 AM, <j.guilmard@accenture.com<mailto:j.guilmard@accenture.com>>
wrote:
> Otis,
> I’m about to propose something (today). I’m waiting for a formal authorization from
my client: I’ve received an informal GO.
> Is there any JIRA existing already ?
> Best regards
on it if you can put up a patch?  If not, I think we can take one of the existing implementations
you mentioned and try to improve that and contribute that...... but if your stuff is better,
somewhat ready, and contributable.....
> Thanks,
> Otis
> --
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM, <j.guilmard@accenture.com<mailto:j.guilmard@accenture.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
> I have found 2 initiatives on this.
> https://github.com/hammer/flume/blob/f140709502abf286d9e25a174caa24629a776448/plugins/http/src/java/com/cloudera/flume/handlers/http/HttpPostSink.java
> https://github.com/josealvarezmuguerza/flume-http-sink/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/sink/HttpSink.java
> None of them appeared to me with the code quality/flexibility I expected, so I guess
it might be worth going further?
> Good luck and let me know if you find other alternatives. (I’m currently developing
my own code, based on Apache HttpClient )
> Best regards.
> Jean-François Guilmard
and can't find http sink. Are there opensourced implementations of such thing?