flume-user mailing list archives

From mahendran m <mahendra...@hotmail.com>
Subject File channel data lost
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:20:32 GMT

Hi All ,
I have just implemented the Flume agent with below configuration
Configuration
# example.conf: A single-node Flume configuration
# Name the components on this agenta1.sources = r1a1.sinks = k1a1.channels = c1
# Describe/configure the sourcea1.sources.r1.type = avroa1.sources.r1.bind = localhosta1.sources.r1.port
= 44440
# Describe the sinka1.sinks.k1.type = hdfsa1.sinks.k1.hdfs.fileType = DataStreama1.sinks.k1.hdfs.fileSuffix=
.txta1.sinks.k1.hdfs.rollSize = 1048576a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.rollCount = 0a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.rollInterval
= 0a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.batchSize = 1000a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.minBlockReplicas = 1a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.path
= hdfs://localhost:9000/flume/MemoryChannel/Avro #using the file channela1.channels.c1.type
= filea1.channels.c1.capacity = 1000000a1.channels.c1.transactionCapacity = 10000
# Bind the source and sink to the channela1.sources.r1.channels = c1a1.sinks.k1.channel =
c1

Now i am sending batch of 1000 event to flume AVRO source and each event with UID incremented
by one. HDFS server  create text file of 1MB each as per my configuration and file with .tmp
extension (file which is process now). Now i stopping the flume agent and start it again.
below are my two Expectation when starting flume agent again
1. Agent will resend the event from next to last successfully received event (in my case .tmp
file has event with UID 12000 as     last so next event will be event with UID as 12001 )But
what append is it start event with 12500 UID , event from 12001 to 12499 is completely lost
2. Agent will resume the appending event to file where it left last that is file which is
not completed (file with .tmp extension)But agent not resumed the appending event to file
where it had left . it created the new text file and start to append it .
Can any one explain we why my two expectation failed ?
And also file are remained with .tmp extension once i stopped the agent it doesn't remove
this extension . can any know why these happening ?
Regards,Mahendran