flume-user mailing list archives

From mahendran m <mahendra...@hotmail.com>
Subject Moving the IIS logs
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 08:53:13 GMT
Hi All,
I have doubt in implementing moving the IIS log HDFSin IIS log system we can create the log
in below configuration
Schedule basicsHours  -- > create the new file per hour and append subsequent logs to that
file Day -- > create the new file per day and append subsequent logs to that file Week
-- > create the new file per week and append subsequent logs to that file Month-- >
create the new file per hour and append subsequent logs to that file
Size basicsMax size --> create the new file and append subsequent logs to that file to
that file until it reach its maximum size
No new filethis means it doesn't create any new file it append all logs in single file only

My Requirement is  i need to move the logs generated by IIS into HDFS server . i know i can
move log file using the spooling directory source but here by case is it create the file and
append the logs to files , this not work with spooling directory. is There any other way i
can achieve this ? if only possible way is sing the spooling directory means . how we can
handle this?
Thanks,Mahendran