flume-user mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <gshap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Kafka version
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:00:41 GMT
Actually, new and improved Kafka source and sink were committed to
Flume trunk (but no release yet). The source is slightly better than
the github one - we support buffering by number of messages and by
latency. I tested both with 0.8.1.1 and with Kafka trunk.

I blogged about them a bit here:
http://ingest.tips/2014/09/26/trying-to-decide-between-flume-and-kafka-try-both/

If you happen to use Flume from CDH5.2, you have the Kafka source and
sink in your distribution.

Gwen