flume-user mailing list archives

From terreyshih <terreys...@gmail.com>
Subject sink buffer event processing order
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 02:46:15 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know what happens in the in following scenario:

1. down stream source agent is down for some reason.
2. up stream agent buffers it in the sink channel while keeps receiving data from the source
3. down stream agent comes back up.
4. does the upstream agent CLEAR the buffer before sending the new incoming data from the
source ?
5. Is it possible that the buffer data and the newly incoming data INTERLEAVE each other ???

In other words,

In the upstream agent:

The buffer has 1,2,3,4,5
The new data comes 6,7,8

The upstream agent sends the data in the order of 6,7,1,2,3,8,5, etc.

Again, I know this would not happen if the down stream agent is never brought down.  However,
I am just wondering if it is possible for this to happen is the downstream is brought down
and then up again ?

thanks,
-Gary