flume-user mailing list archives

From Manohar...@itcinfotech.com
Subject RE: Configuring flume agent dynamically from java code
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:36:53 GMT
HI Ahmed,

I already went through embedded flume client, as doc suggests its lightweight implementation
of Flume functionalities.In my use case I am planning to make use of “Sink.type= spoolDir”,
I doubt I will support full fledge functionalities.

Thanks,
Manohar.

From: Ahmed Vila [mailto:avila@devlogic.eu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:58 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Configuring flume agent dynamically from java code

Hi Manohar,

Guess you're looking for an embed Flume client.
This might give you rough idea:
http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2014/05/flume-gathering-customer-product-search-clicks-data-using-apache-flume.html

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM, <Manohar.CS@itcinfotech.com<mailto:Manohar.CS@itcinfotech.com>>
wrote:

Hi Flume developers,

I have an use-case where in I need to configure the flume agent dynamically/programmatically
via Java and start the flume agent. Note that these agent configuration details will be fed
in by User in UI which Java code will translate to flume agent properties. Please let me know
how I can go about this use case.

Thanks,
Manohar.

Disclaimer: This  communication  is  for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and
 shall  not attach any liability on the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./its  Holding
company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. If you are the addressee, the contents of
this e-mail are intended for your use only and it shall  not be forwarded to any third party,
without first obtaining written authorization from the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./
its Holding company/its  Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. It may contain information which
is confidential and legally privileged and the same shall not be used or dealt with  by any
 third  party  in  any manner whatsoever without the specific consent  of  ITC  Infotech India
Ltd./ its Holding company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies.

--

Best regards,
Ahmed Vila

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. This
email contains confidential information. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or
used by, any party other than the intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination
or copying of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information contained
in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient then
please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender
directly via email. Any emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons
other than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the communication
complies with the law and company policies.