flume-user mailing list archives

From terreyshih <terreys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically configuring new source/sink into Flume agent
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 23:58:17 GMT
HI, Manohar:

I don’t understand your examples.  copying/moving file from one directory to another is
not what source / sinks do.

thx

On Sep 26, 2014, at 5:24 AM, Manohar.CS@itcinfotech.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a use-case where in I get source and sink details from user via UI page, these
config details I want to feed to flum so that programmatically it starts processing newly
added request for source/sink. When I was looking at developer guide https://flume.apache.org/FlumeDeveloperGuide.html#rpc-clients-avro-and-thrift
there is mention of using RPC client to programmatically get handle to flume instance, now
I wanted to know how can I programmatically feed these user details as and when they arrive
?

> Example – one definition may look like copy files from NFs mount to HDFS and one more
might look like copy zipped files placed in other directory on local system to HDFS sink etc.