flume-user mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume, what happen if the batchsize is not enough
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:48:41 GMT
There isn't an explicit timeout on the HBaseSink, though there is on
the AsyncHBaseSink. For the HBaseSink, it will grab events out of the
channel until it reaches the batch size or the channel is empty. When
the channel is empty, it will commit however many events it already
pulled from the channel even if it's less than the batch size. So,
there is no worry of events getting delayed due to an insufficient
number, but it can mean sending much smaller batches to HBase.

HTH,

-Joey

--
Joey Echeverria