flume-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Naik <ros...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: flume on windows ?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 23:25:34 GMT
Otis,
   Your mileage on trying to run the current release on windows will depend
upon what components you are trying to run and what features you use. Off
the top of my head... the available patches address several things spanning
from a windows startup script, version info printing, some fie channel
patches to disable dual checkpointing, to fixes in tests.  You may not care
about test related fixes.  Morphline and kite sinks will most likely not
work since Kite is not supported on Windows AFAIK.

Here is a list of windows patches

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20FLUME%20AND%20status%20%3D%20%22Patch%20Available%22%20AND%20text%20~%20%22windows%22%20AND%20assignee%20in%20(roshan_naik)

-roshan

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Paul Chavez <pchavez@ntent.com> wrote:

>  We’ve been running the 1.4 release of flume on windows for over a year.
> We had to do a custom build at first before it was initially released to
> pick up a SpoolDir source issue.
>

> I use winsw (https://github.com/kohsuke/winsw/wiki) to wrap the java
> command, with 64-bit JDK6.
>

> The java command line switches that runs the agent are:
>

> -Xms1500m -Xmx4000m -Dflume.monitoring.type=HTTP
> -Dflume.monitoring.port=41414
> -Dlog4j.configuration=file:///C:\Services\Flume\flume-ng\conf\log4j.properties
> -cp "C:\Services\Flume\flume-ng\lib\*" org.apache.flume.node.Application -f
> C:\Services\Flume\flume_appserver.conf -n appserver

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE