flume-user mailing list archives

From Santiago Mola <sm...@stratio.com>
Subject Re: What Source/Sink would you want next?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 10:49:20 GMT
Hi Jeremy

> I believe my patch was inspiration for your JDBC sink.  I'm glad it was
> helpful.

Yes. We used your approach to query templates, which is perfect for us.
Thank you!

We had a need for JDBC sinks, and I've since heard from others who had the
> same need.  I started work on that generic one, but I got the impression
> that it wasn't wanted, for some reasons valid and invalid.  It eventually
> got lost in a holding pattern and I gave up pursuing it.

It might have been not prioritary or overlooked, but I'm sure there's a
place for JDBC integration in Apache Flume.

While I applaud your efforts to meet community needs, I think you also need
> to ask "What will Flume accept?" before you spend any sizeable amount of
> time on it.

We are not too worried about that. We do not use Apache Flume packages
ourselves, but our own distribution (Stratio Ingestion) [1]. Of course,
we'd love to converge as much as possible with Apache Flume and do our best
to contribute, but anything that is not accepted will still be part of our
Flume distribution if we need it.

If you do submit the JDBC sink, I would be happy to do what I can to help
> it along.

Thanks! I'm working on an improved version of the JDBC sink that meets
Apache Flume conventions, it'll need wider testing soon.

[1] https://github.com/Stratio/stratio-ingestion

Best,
--

Santiago M. Mola

<http://www.stratio.com/>
Avenida de Europa, 26. Ática 5. 3ª Planta
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
Tel: +34 91 352 59 42 // *@stratiobd <https://twitter.com/StratioBD>*