flume-user mailing list archives

From Santiago Mola <sm...@stratio.com>
Subject What Source/Sink would you want next?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:14:00 GMT
Hi all,

I'm developer at Stratio, where I'm part of the development of Stratio
Ingestion. [1] Stratio Ingestion is a distribution of Apache Flume "on
steroids" with many extra sources, sinks, morphlines, etc. We would like to
start contributing back to Apache Flume as much as we can. So we would like
to know what's the community interest on each plugin so we can prioritize
our efforts when contributing code to Apache Flume.

You can check all components at our GitHub page [1], but here's a summary:

Sinks:

- Cassandra (driver 2.0.2) supporting custom or automatic mapping
- MongoDB (driver 2.12) supporting custom or automatic mapping
- JDBC supporting custom queries or automatic mapping
- Kafka (0.8), now obsolete with Flume 1.6.0
- Stratio Streaming

Sources:

- Flume Statistics (consumes Flume agent statistics exposed through its
monitoring REST API).
- Redis PubSub
- REST Client
- SNMP Traps (v1, v2c and v3)

Deserializers:

- XML XPath deserializer

Please, let me know if any of these components is useful to you. I'd love
to hear further information about use cases and specific needs.

Thank you.

Best,
--

Santiago M. Mola

<http://www.stratio.com/>
Avenida de Europa, 26. Ática 5. 3ª Planta
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
Tel: +34 91 352 59 42 // *@stratiobd <https://twitter.com/StratioBD>*