flume-user mailing list archives

From terreyshih <terreys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: starting agent from eclipse ?
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 08:22:37 GMT
Hi,

Do you mind sharing with me the modified startup java option ?

This is what I have (adding the agent lib line)

$EXEC $JAVA_HOME/bin/java $JAVA_OPTS $FLUME_JAVA_OPTS "${arr_java_props[@]}" -cp "$FLUME_CLASSPATH"
\
        -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=10100
      -Djava.library.path=$FLUME_JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH "$FLUME_APPLICATION_CLASS" $

I can’t seem to get it attached correctly

thx
On Sep 15, 2014, at 12:55 AM, Ahmed Vila <avila@devlogic.eu> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> Since the Flume is Java app and your custom Sink code is running in it's VM space, you
can do it either way you normally debug Java apps.

> I've changed Flume startup Java options and added in order to enable remote debugging:
> -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=10100
>
> Change opts accordingly: suspend=y/n to define if JVM will wait for the debugger to attach
before it starts the Flume; address=10100 is a port debugger socket will listen to.
> I find it difficult to debug without suspension because sinks are configured during startup,
so having a breakpoint in configure method might be worthwhile.

> In Eclipse, open any file from your Sink so it can pick up correct project and go to
menu Run > Debug Configurations. In that window choose Remote Java Application and click
in new icon. Everything will be offered by default and the only thing that needs to be changed
is port. From that point on, debug configuration with your project name or wharever the name
you gave to debug configuration will be available for attaching.

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:48 AM, terreyshih <terreyshih@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written a customized sink which calls some POJO API and does some processing.
 The problem is I would like to debug the whole process via Eclipse.

> How can I start an agent which uses this customized sink in Eclipse so I can trace/debut
it ?

> I can probably do remote debugging but I was wondering if anyone has done it in Eclipse.
>
> thanks,
> -Gary
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ahmed Vila

> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.
This email contains confidential information. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained
or used by, any party other than the intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination
or copying of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information contained
in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient then
please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender
directly via email. Any emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons
other than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the communication
complies with the law and company policies.