flume-user mailing list archives

From terreyshih <terreys...@gmail.com>
Subject flume agent / JVM crashes periodically
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2014 21:33:55 GMT
Hi,

I am having a lot of difficulty trying to debug an issue.  The flume server stops working
after a few hours and the JVM shuts down.  The snippet of the message I got in the log starts
with following:

20 Sep 2014 12:24:10,899 DEBUG [New I/O  worker #9] (org.hbase.async.RegionClient.decode:1349)
 - ------------------<< LEAVING  DECODE <<------------------ time elapsed: 75us
20 Sep 2014 12:24:19,942 INFO  [agent-shutdown-hook] (org.apache.flume.lifecycle.LifecycleSupervisor.stop:79)
 - Stopping lifecycle supervisor 13
20 Sep 2014 12:24:19,943 INFO  [agent-shutdown-hook] (org.apache.flume.instrumentation.MonitoredCounterGroup.stop:149)
 - Component type: CHANNEL, name: myChannelC stopped

From there it starts to shut down all the channels and eventually the JVM shuts down.

I am running the agent in debug mode and I can see my data coming in correctly for a couple
of hours and the snippet shows, flume enters the “LEAVING DECODE” section of the flume
debug engine.  I am writing the data to HBase sinks by using AsycnHBase.

I would appreciate it if someone can help me with this.  This is reproducible around every
2 hours.

When does the agent-shutdown-hook gets triggered ?

thanks