flume-user mailing list archives

From terreyshih <terreys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flume on windows ?
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2014 23:42:11 GMT
thanks for all the replies.

On Sep 12, 2014, at 4:25 PM, Roshan Naik <roshan@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Otis,
>    Your mileage on trying to run the current release on windows will depend upon what
components you are trying to run and what features you use. Off the top of my head... the
available patches address several things spanning from a windows startup script, version info
printing, some fie channel patches to disable dual checkpointing, to fixes in tests.  You
may not care about test related fixes.  Morphline and kite sinks will most likely not work
since Kite is not supported on Windows AFAIK.

> Here is a list of windows patches
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20FLUME%20AND%20status%20%3D%20%22Patch%20Available%22%20AND%20text%20~%20%22windows%22%20AND%20assignee%20in%20(roshan_naik)
>
> -roshan
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Paul Chavez <pchavez@ntent.com> wrote:
> We’ve been running the 1.4 release of flume on windows for over a year. We had to do
a custom build at first before it was initially released to pick up a SpoolDir source issue.

> I use winsw (https://github.com/kohsuke/winsw/wiki) to wrap the java command, with 64-bit
JDK6.

> The java command line switches that runs the agent are:
>

> -Xms1500m -Xmx4000m -Dflume.monitoring.type=HTTP -Dflume.monitoring.port=41414 -Dlog4j.configuration=file:///C:\Services\Flume\flume-ng\conf\log4j.properties
-cp "C:\Services\Flume\flume-ng\lib\*" org.apache.flume.node.Application -f C:\Services\Flume\flume_appserver.conf
-n appserver

run the latest Flume release under Windows (until those patches are committed)?

> Thanks,
>
> Otis
> --

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Roshan Naik <roshan@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Windows patches are waiting to be committed.
>

> As of now you have two ways..
>
>  - Look for all the patches with 'Windows' in the title, manually apply them to a locally
checked out version of flume source and build.

>  - Use flume from HDP for windows
>

> -roshan
>

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 7:06 PM, terreyshih <terreyshih@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> How can I run the agent on windows environment ?
>
> thanks,
> Terrey
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.