flume-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeff Lord <jl...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: flume failover only support two nodes?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 04:16:36 GMT
Also all of your sinks are pointing to the same host for the next hop.
So if the agent on that host is unavailable for some reason than failover
is pointless.
For testing this ok, for production there is a better way.

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> Each sink needs to have a different priority. If multiple sinks have same
> priority, only one of them will be used.
>
> 基勇 wrote:
>
>
> Hello,guys
> I tested flume failover feature found failover support only two nodes,
> may I ask whether it is so?‍
>
> config file:
> storm@storm01:~/apache-flume-1.5.0-bin/conf$ more flume-sink.properties
> #Name the compents on this agent
> a1.sources = r1
> a1.sinks = k1 k2 k3 k4
> a1.channels = c1
>
> #Describe the sinkgroups
> a1.sinkgroups = g1 g2
> a1.sinkgroups.g1.sinks = k1 k2 k3 k4
> a1.sinkgroups.g1.processor.type = failover
> a1.sinkgroups.g1.processor.priority.k1 = 10
> a1.sinkgroups.g1.processor.priority.k3 = 10
> a1.sinkgroups.g1.processor.priority.k4 = 10
> a1.sinkgroups.g1.processor.priority.k2 = 5
> a1.sinkgroups.g1.processor.maxpenalty = 10000
>
> #a1.sinkgroups.g2.sinks = k3 k4
> #a1.sinkgroups.g2.processor.type = load_balance
> #a1.sinkgroups.g2.processor.backoff = true
> #a1.sinkgroups.g2.processor.selector = round_robin
>
> #Describe/config the source
> a1.sources.r1.type = syslogtcp
> a1.sources.r1.port = 5140
> a1.sources.r1.host = localhost
> a1.sources.r1.channels = c1
>
> #Describe the sink
> a1.sinks.k1.type = avro
> a1.sinks.k1.channel = c1
> a1.sinks.k1.hostname = 192.168.220.159
> a1.sinks.k1.port = 44411
>
> a1.sinks.k2.type = avro
> a1.sinks.k2.channel = c1
> a1.sinks.k2.hostname = 192.168.220.159
> a1.sinks.k2.port = 44422
>
> a1.sinks.k3.type = avro
> a1.sinks.k3.channel = c1
> a1.sinks.k3.hostname = 192.168.220.159
> a1.sinks.k3.port = 44433
>
> a1.sinks.k4.type = avro
> a1.sinks.k4.channel = c1
> a1.sinks.k4.hostname = 192.168.220.159
> a1.sinks.k4.port = 44444
> #Use a channel which butters events in memory
> a1.channels.c1.type = memory
> a1.channels.c1.capacity = 1000
> a1.channels.c1.transactionCapacity = 100‍
>
> only k3 and k2 node received ‍the data.
> i stop k2 k3. k1 k4 can receive the data;
>
> exception infomation:
> 2014-07-08 08:10:06,403
> (SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor) [ERROR -
> org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:160)]
> Unable to deliver event. Exception follows.
> org.apache.flume.EventDeliveryException: All sinks failed to process,
> nothing left to failover to
> at
>
> org.apache.flume.sink.FailoverSinkProcessor.process(FailoverSinkProcessor.java:191)
> at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> 2014-07-08 08:10:11,408
> (SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor) [INFO -
> org.apache.flume.sink.AbstractRpcSink.createConnection(AbstractRpcSink.java:206)]
>
> Rpc sink k2: Building RpcClient with hostname: 192.168.220.159, port:
> 44422
> 2014-07-08 08:10:11,408
> (SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor) [INFO -
> org.apache.flume.sink.AvroSink.initializeRpcClient(AvroSink.java:126)]
> Attempting to create Avro Rpc client.
> 2014-07-08 08:10:11,408
> (SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor) [WARN -
> org.apache.flume.api.NettyAvroRpcClient.configure(NettyAvroRpcClient.java:620)]
>
> Using default maxIOWorkers
> 2014-07-08 08:10:11,417
> (SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor) [ERROR -
> org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:160)]
> Unable to deliver event. Exception follows.
> org.apache.flume.EventDeliveryException: All sinks failed to process,
> nothing left to failover to
> at
>
> org.apache.flume.sink.FailoverSinkProcessor.process(FailoverSinkProcessor.java:191)
> at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> 2014-07-08 08:10:16,422
> (SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor) [INFO -
> org.apache.flume.sink.AbstractRpcSink.createConnection(AbstractRpcSink.java:206)]
>
> Rpc sink k3: Building RpcClient with hostname: 192.168.220.159, port:
> 44433
> 2014-07-08 08:10:16,423
> (SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor) [INFO -
> org.apache.flume.sink.AvroSink.initializeRpcClient(AvroSink.java:126)]
> Attempting to create Avro Rpc client.
> 2014-07-08 08:10:16,425
> (SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor) [WARN -
> org.apache.flume.api.NettyAvroRpcClient.configure(NettyAvroRpcClient.java:620)]
>
> Using default maxIOWorkers
> 2014-07-08 08:10:16,431
> (SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor) [ERROR -
> org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:160)]
> Unable to deliver event. Exception follows.
> org.apache.flume.EventDeliveryException: All sinks failed to process,
> nothing left to failover to
> at
>
> org.apache.flume.sink.FailoverSinkProcessor.process(FailoverSinkProcessor.java:191)
> at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)‍
>
>

Mime
View raw message