flume-user mailing list archives

From Paweł <pro...@gmail.com>
Subject Flume dynamic configuraiton
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:05:17 GMT
Hi,
Currently I see no option to configure Flume dynamically.

I have a case where I have to be able to
* add or remove Source
* attach Source to a Channel
* attach a Channel to a Sink or several Sinks

All of this things are possible but only with configuration file which
means restart of application each time when the anything changes.

1) Are there any plans to add dynamic configuration mechanisms?
2) Do you think any REST API or JMX would be good in this place?
3) How complicated it is to make Flume configurable? Does it men tons of
coding and months to implement it or rather it is not so hard?

--
Paweł