flume-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Natkins <na...@streamsets.com>
Subject Re: The znode for the -ROOT- region doesn't exist! ERROR
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 15:06:10 GMT
Yeah, it likely means that your HBase configuration is in interact for
using the remote cluster. When you run the Flume agent, can you do a `ps
aux | grey flume` and find where the hbase-site.xml is coming from? It's
probably /etc/hbase/conf. Look in the file, and can you tell me what the
value of the zookeeper quorum parameter is?

On Thursday, August 14, 2014, terreyshih <terreyshih@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Actually, the interesting thing is that if I have HBase installed locally
> on the same flume server machine but have a hbase-site.xml connecting to a
> remote hbase server, the connection is fine.
>
> It seems that if I don’t have a local HBase installation, I get this error.
>
> Am I missing something here ?
>
> thanks,
> -Gary
>
> On Aug 13, 2014, at 5:15 PM, terreyshih <terreyshih@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','terreyshih@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
> Thanks Natty.  Yes, Hari.  I am using flume 1.5.  I will double check the
> configuration again just to make sure.
>
> thanks
> On Aug 13, 2014, at 4:56 PM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','hshreedharan@cloudera.com');>> wrote:
>
> Actually what version of Flume are you using? ROOT was removed in Hbase 96
> I think, you need to use Flume 1.5.0 or higher for asynchbase sink to work.
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Jonathan Natkins <natty@streamsets.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','natty@streamsets.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Hey Gary,
>>
>> From the information I've got here, this looks like more of an HBase
>> problem than a Flume problem. My recommendation would be to first double
>> check that you can run commands against the HBase instance from your Flume
>> agent node. Try running `hbase shell` and execute a list command. If you
>> get complaints, that's probably where your problem is originating from.
>>
>> Otherwise, it may be that there is an issue with your HBase configuration
>> on your Flume agent node. You might not be pointing at the correct
>> ZooKeeper quorum, or something along those lines.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Natty
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM, terrey shih <terreyshih@gmail.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','terreyshih@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have the flume setup using asynchbase sink to write to Hbase server locally
and everything works fine on my local machine.

>>> However when I configured it to connect to a remote hadoop server using the hbase-site.xml.
I got the following error.

>>> ERROR [main-EventThread] (HBaseClient.java:2860)
>>>

>>> I did google on this and it seems like it has something to do with the asynchbase
needs to be compatible with 0.96 version of habase (which is the version I am using).

>>> Does that mean I need recompile the whole flume asynchbase source with the jar
files from 0.96 version of the hbase distribution ?