flume-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Natkins <na...@streamsets.com>
Subject Re: The znode for the -ROOT- region doesn't exist! ERROR
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:51:35 GMT
Hey Gary,

>From the information I've got here, this looks like more of an HBase
problem than a Flume problem. My recommendation would be to first double
check that you can run commands against the HBase instance from your Flume
agent node. Try running `hbase shell` and execute a list command. If you
get complaints, that's probably where your problem is originating from.

Otherwise, it may be that there is an issue with your HBase configuration
on your Flume agent node. You might not be pointing at the correct
ZooKeeper quorum, or something along those lines.

Thanks,
Natty

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM, terrey shih <terreyshih@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the flume setup using asynchbase sink to write to Hbase server locally and everything
works fine on my local machine.

> However when I configured it to connect to a remote hadoop server using the hbase-site.xml.
I got the following error.

> ERROR [main-EventThread] (HBaseClient.java:2860)
> > > - The znode for the -ROOT- region doesn't exist!
>

> I did google on this and it seems like it has something to do with the asynchbase needs
to be compatible with 0.96 version of habase (which is the version I am using).

> Does that mean I need recompile the whole flume asynchbase source with the jar files
from 0.96 version of the hbase distribution ?