flume-user mailing list archives

From Pradeep Srinivasa <pradeep.sriniv...@hcl.com>
Subject Question on Flume JMS Source
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 07:02:59 GMT
Hi All,

We have been trying to read data from a JMS Queue through Flume.
The JMS Queue that we are trying to connect has the following properties

1.       jms.reporting.jndi.factory - initialContextFactory

2.       jms.reporting.jndi.url - providerURL

3.       jms.reporting.jndi.security.principal

4.       jms.reporting.jndi.security.credentials

5.       jms.reporting.jndi.referral

6.       jms.reporting.solace.vpn

7.       jms.reporting.jndi.connectionFactoryName - connectionFactory

8.       jms.reporting.jndi.destinationName - destinationName

9.       jms.reporting.uid - userName

10.   jms.reporting.pwd - passwordFile

The Flume JMS source has provision to take the properties that are in green (italics) but
not the one in red. The Flume JMS source equivalent property names are given in bold.
We have tried to connect by providing the properties that are in green but the connectionFactory
class that we use throws us an exception 'javax.naming.NamingException: Username must be specified'.
Has anyone come across this issue and if so, Can you please let us know how to overcome the
same and also let us know how to provide the extra properties (red) to the Flume JMS source.

Regards,
Pradeep

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.