flume-user mailing list archives

From Soheil Eizadi <seiz...@infoblox.com>
Subject RE: how flume identifies a file transfer is complete or not
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2014 14:10:13 GMT
Forgot to highlight that the value for the temp file is controlled by:

agent.sinks.hdfs1.hdfs.inUsePrefix = .

agent.sinks.hdfs1.hdfs.inUseSuffix = .temp

If you want to change them to set values as your script would depend on them.

________________________________
From: Soheil Eizadi [seizadi@infoblox.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2014 7:01 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: RE: how flume identifies a file transfer is complete or not

I am new to Flume but this is how I would solve your problem. You can get the Community feedback.

I assume for your use case you can set the value of idleTimeout as each transfer results in
one HDFS file:

agent.sinks.hdfs1.hdfs.idleTimeout = 1

The default value is zero, you see that Flume will open a file, with temporary file name while
the file is open and transfer is happening. The name will change to the final name when transfer
is complete, as defined in your spec:

agent.sinks.hdfs1.hdfs.filePrefix = log

agent.sinks.hdfs1.hdfs.fileSuffix = .s1.avro

You can as part your Exec script check for the final name in HDFS to figure out if the transfer
is complete.

-Soheil