flume-user mailing list archives

From Anandkumar Lakshmanan <an...@orzota.com>
Subject how flume identifies a file transfer is complete or not
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:00:12 GMT
Hi,

I am new to flume.

I am doing cat a file using exec source into hdfs.
While running it manually, I am able to see the file transferred
completely. But still flume in is running state.
How do I find when the complete transfer would be done.

Example:

My flume.conf

myAgent.sources.mySource.type = exec
myAgent.sources.mySource.command = cat /home/haas/file2.txt

And checking the transfer is complete or not, only by typing the
following command manually by comparing the file size.

hadoop fs -ls /user/flumedata/

Is there a way to know when the transfer is get completed?

Thanks.
Anand