flume-user mailing list archives

From Sharninder <sharnin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom sink/source
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:56:15 GMT
I did look at the developer guide and was a little confused since there seem to be a couple
of omissions in it. In particular, the even based source isn't explained very well. I'm new
to Java (and flume) so maybe that's just me.

Your explanation helps.

--
Sharninder

> On 21-Jul-2014, at 8:33 pm, Jeff Lord <jlord@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> start() is called when the agent is started and the sink component is then started.
> calling process() will take a batch of events off the channel and send to the next hop
or terminal location.
> stop() is called when the agent is shutdown and the sink component resources are unloaded.
> Have you seen the developer guide?
> https://flume.apache.org/FlumeDeveloperGuide.html#sink
>

>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 5:26 AM, Sharninder <sharninder@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I'm trying to write a new custom source/sink for flume and was going through the
source of some of the existing sinks. Essentially to write a sink, I have to implement a start(),
stop() and process().

>> Now, my question is if I initiate a connection in start(), send an event in process,
will I be opening another connection again for the second event? When is stop() called?