flume-user mailing list archives

From R P <hadoo...@outlook.com>
Subject Avro data streaming using Flume
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 02:27:31 GMT
Hello All,    New Flume user here. Please forgive me if my question seems to obvious or has
some misconceptions.
Is it possible to write a Flume agent which takes Avro formatted data and streams through
Flume pipeline setup?Can I expect Avro data streamed from Flume Source to HDFS Sink to be
written in Avro format?
Are there any example documentation or code available to demonstrate above use case?
I have already tried Flume embedded agent example given on Flume documentation.
http://flume.apache.org/FlumeDeveloperGuide.html#rpc-clients-avro-and-thrift
Although this does not serve my purpose as EventBuilder used in this example takes only ByteArray
or String as input for put method.
I appreaciate your time for reading my email. And any reply is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,