flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Thrift Source: TCompactProtocol vs TBinaryProtocol
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:13:16 GMT
Unfortunately, no - there is currently no way to use TBinaryProtocol
instead. Is there a specific need for using the TBinaryProtocol? There is
no specific reason for it to be hardcoded, just that TCompactProtocol is
cheaper in terms of processing and space.

To use TBinaryProtocol, you'd have to recompile Flume (or at least create a
custom Thrift Source which could be a copy-paste of the Flume Thrift
Source, replacing the TCompact with TBinary).

Hari