flume-user mailing list archives

From ed <edor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume - Custom HDFS Sink does not write to hdfs unless killed
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 15:08:41 GMT
Not sure if this is the issue but I've found it's easy to have custom flume
components like interceptors, sinks, sources and serializers swallow
exceptions.  You won't see any errors in standard out and the flume agent
will look like it is working but it's not doing anything.  When you kill
the agent it will then close your files in HDFS and any data that was in
the channel before the error will get written out.  Do the avro fies have
all the data you expect them to have after you kill the flume agent?

Best Regards,

Ed