flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Safety of Automatic Reload...?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:09:27 GMT
I just re-read your question. On touching the config file (or modifying it), all parameters
get updated, except the metrics/monitoring (for which you need to shutdown the Flume agent
and restart with the new parameters on the command line).

File Channel cannot be resized since the checkpoint is a fixed size file. You can delete your
checkpoint files and their backups if you want to resize the file channel (make sure you shutdown
the agent first). Be aware that a full replay without checkpoint will take time to complete,
depending on how many data files you have and how many events are present in that.

Thanks,
Hari

On Monday, March 31, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Hari Shreedharan wrote:

> I assume you don’t want Flume to reload when the file is updated? If yes, just pass
"--no-reload-conf" to the flume-ng command when starting the agent.

> Thanks,
> Hari
>

> On Monday, March 31, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Matt Wise wrote:
>
> > Is there a document anywhere describing what settings can/can't be expected to update
dynamically just by modifying the Flume NG agent config file (1.4+)?