flume-user mailing list archives

From nagarjuna sarpuru <nagarjuna.sarp...@gmail.com>
Subject How to generate logs from remote windows system
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 04:48:22 GMT
Hi,
Could you please guide me how to take logs from my remote
system,requirements as follows:

I have Single node cluster Hadoop 1.2.1 ,Flume 1.4.1 running on ubuntu
system,Now my requirement is to take the logs of a particular application
running on My remote machine (Windows).
For this I have written .conf file as follows

# Name the components on this agent
a2.sources = r1
a2.sinks = k1
a2.channels = c1

# Describe/configure the source
a2.sources.r1.type = avro
a2.sources.r1.bind =localhost*  //// remote machine ip address(is it
correct ?)*
a2.sources.r1.port =4444  *////port number*
(
# Describe the sink
a2.sinks.k1.type = hdfs
a2.sinks.k1.hdfs.path= hdfs://localhost:54310/exec

# Use a channel which buffers events in memory
a2.channels.c1.type = memory
a2.channels.c1.capacity = 1000
a2.channels.c1.transactionCapacity = 100

# Bind the source and sink to the channel
a2.sources.r1.channels = c1
a2.sinks.k1.channel = c1
Apart from that , what are the things needs to be taken care here, like
where to declare client agent ,flume agent .
Do I need to write any Java program additionally  (as I am not good at Java
program).

*I would be so thankful If Get the help*
--
thanks&regards
Nagarjuna.S

--