flume-user mailing list archives

From Paul Chavez <pcha...@verticalsearchworks.com>
Subject Re: File formats supported by flume
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:03:03 GMT
Excel and word, no, unless you wrote an application to process the data in those files and
send events to Flume. CSV can be processed line by line using spoolDir source or the built
in Avro client. I suppose you could export Excel data to CSV, though.

On Feb 13, 2014, at 10:34 PM, "Chhaya Vishwakarma" <Chhaya.Vishwakarma@lntinfotech.com<mailto:Chhaya.Vishwakarma@lntinfotech.com>>
wrote:

Ok
Can I collect the data which is in word document ,excel or csv ?

From: Paul Chavez [mailto:pchavez@verticalsearchworks.com]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 11:54 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>
Subject: Re: File formats supported by flume

Flume handles your data as discrete events, so it's 'file support' is a function of what you
can deserialize into a flume event. Data sources do not have to be files, either. Applications
can send events directly to flume using a variety of methods, and you can send events to message
queues, search clusters and other data stores.

Here is a good overview:
http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#architecture

-paul

On Feb 13, 2014, at 10:07 PM, "Chhaya Vishwakarma" <Chhaya.Vishwakarma@lntinfotech.com<mailto:Chhaya.Vishwakarma@lntinfotech.com>>