flume-user mailing list archives

From Paul Chavez <pcha...@verticalsearchworks.com>
Subject RE: File Channel Contents
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 22:31:50 GMT
The 'ChannelSize' metric will give you the number of events currently in the channel. It's
one of the main metrics we alert on (well ChannelFillPercentage, actually).

Snippet from one of my nodes:

"CHANNEL.fc_WebLogs": {
"EventPutSuccessCount": "1285941800",
"ChannelFillPercentage": "1.8881",
"Type": "CHANNEL",
"EventPutAttemptCount": "1285941800",
"ChannelSize": "18881",
"StopTime": "0",
"StartTime": "1387357632600",
"EventTakeSuccessCount": "1285944090",
"ChannelCapacity": "1000000",
"EventTakeAttemptCount": "1287200957"
},

Hope that helps,
Paul Chavez

From: Andy Yang [mailto:ayang_ml@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:07 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: File Channel Contents

Hi

Are there any utils out there that will analyze a file channel and return information about
it? I've found the blog article here: https://blogs.apache.org/flume/entry/apache_flume_filechannel
which is very useful and seems to suggest that I could whip up some code using FileChannel
and LogFile classes. However, it seems like this would be something that people previously
might have had a need for.

While browsing individual events would be nice, even just a reliable count of the number of
events in the queue would be hugely useful.
Thanks