flume-user mailing list archives

From Joao Salcedo <joao.salc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java heap space error while starting flume agent
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 05:40:15 GMT
Hi Chhaya,

Assuming you are at flume home directory, here is the command to start:

 bin/flume-ng agent -n agent -f conf/flume-conf.properties -c conf

Flume starts and runs with a maximum heap size of 20mb. If you are using
batching, you may run into out of memory error pretty quickly. To increase
the heap size, rename the file  flume-env.sh.template  to flume-env.sh in
conf directory and uncomment the JAVA_OPTS line and edit the minimum and
maximum heap. Example: JAVA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx1024m"

If "-c conf" is not specified at the end of the command, your flume-env.sh
file will not be taken into effect.

Cheers,

Joao

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Chhaya Vishwakarma <
Chhaya.Vishwakarma@lntinfotech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am getting java heap error while starting flume agent how can I
increase JVM memory from flume agent?

> ERROR java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>
>         at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882)
>
>         at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:100)

>         at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:572)

>         at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:203)
>
>         at java.io.UnixFileSystem.resolve(UnixFileSystem.java:93)
>
>         at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:207)
>
>         at java.io.File.listFiles(File.java:1056)
>
>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:298)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

>         at
com.cloudera.cdk.morphline.shaded.com.google.common.reflect.ClassPath$Scanner.scanDirectory(ClassPath.java:319)

> Regards,
>
> Chhaya Vishwakarma

> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain
confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s).
Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of
information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and
must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will
not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of,
or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"