flume-user mailing list archives

From ed <edor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transferring another server using flume
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 04:18:34 GMT
Hi Burak,

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Scribe so can't provide any
advice there.  I briefly checked out the Github site for it and it did not
look like there is much (if any) activity on that project at this point.  I
think all of the Flume sources use a push model (rather than Pull)  so I
think it'll be tough if you can't install any software/scripts on the
remote servers you're trying to collect from to push data to Flume.  Can
you configure the remote servers to write their logs to some sort of shared
storage?  Other than that I'm not sure if there are other rsync like
programs you could try to use to pull the logs and get them into a Flume
Source like the File Spooler.  Maybe someone the mailing list with more
Linux tool experience will have some suggestions on rsync alternatives that
might work for you.

Best,

Ed