flume-user mailing list archives

From ed <edor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transferring another server using flume
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 23:58:13 GMT
Hi Burak,

Do the machines with the logs on them have syslog available  (e.g., rsyslog
for RedHat/CentOS)?  Can the remote servers do any kind of push or do you
have to pull data from them?  If you you have a syslog daemon available on
the remote servers then I would try configuring those to send the logs to
the Flume multiport syslog TCP source.

In regards to pulling data from the remote servers, what part of rsync is
causing issues  (assuming your using rsync to pull data)?  Is the problem
with rsync itself in regards to getting the files from the remote servers
or is it an issue related to getting the files into HDFS once you've pulled
the files to the main server?  If the problem is related to getting the
files into HDFS you could try using the Spooling Directory Source and point
it at the directory on your main server where you are aggregating the logs
via rsync.

Best,

Ed