flume-user mailing list archives

From Chen Wang <chen.apache.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: seeking help on flume cluster deployment
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 03:24:59 GMT
Thanks Saurabh.
If that is the case, I am actually thinking about using storm spout to talk
to our socket server so that the storm cluster can take care of the reading
socket server part. Then in each storm node, start a flume agent, listening
on a RPC port and write to HDFS(with fail over) .Then in the storm bolt,
simply send the data to RPC so that flume can get it.
How do you think of this setup? It takes care of both failover on the
source(by storm) and on the sink(by flume) But It looks a little
complicated for me.
Chen