flume-user mailing list archives

From Mayur Gupta <mayur.gupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Source Failover and Sink Failover
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:16:00 GMT
I have two questions related to failover in Flume.

1) If the source is not accepting events because of a failure condition, is
there a failover mechanism in Flume other configuring 2 agents to listen to
the events, in which I will get duplicates.

2) I configured a sink processor for failover with 2 sinks, one logger and
another HDFS. If the HDFS sink starts failing (say HDFS is no longer up),
the events are not processed by logger sink. Is this excepted behavior. Is
the failover only works with 2 avro sinks and not in the manner I have
configured?

I will appreciate it if somebody can point me in the right direction.

-Mayur