flume-user mailing list archives

From Himanshu Patidar <himanshu.pati...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Configuring flume with Ganglia
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 04:42:16 GMT
Hi,
This my flume-env.sh file -
# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one# or more contributor license
agreements.  See the NOTICE file# distributed with this work for additional information# regarding
copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file# to you under the Apache License, Version
2.0 (the# "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance# with the License.  You
may obtain a copy of the License at##     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0## Unless
required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software# distributed under the License
is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either
express or implied.# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and#
limitations under the License.
# If this file is placed at FLUME_CONF_DIR/flume-env.sh, it will be sourced# during Flume
startup.
# Enviroment variables can be set here.
#JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
# Give Flume more memory and pre-allocate, enable remote monitoring via JMX#JAVA_OPTS="-Xms100m
-Xmx200m -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=43935 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false"JAVA_OPTS="-Xms100m -Xmx200m -Dflume.monitoring.type=ganglia
-Dflume.monitoring.hosts=localhost:43933"
# Note that the Flume conf directory is always included in the classpath.#FLUME_CLASSPATH=""

Apart from that I have a config file for gmetad, which has the data_sources : localhost:43933
I am running my flume agent and trying to view the graphs with gmetad+ganglia ui.
The ganglia ui is setup but I cannot view any graphs.
I have not configured gmond anywhere because as per my understanding, flume agent will be
sending data (once ganglia params are set) and I will be capturing them from gmetad and displaying
on ui.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,Himanshu