flume-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Subhramanian <deepak.subhraman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Converting text to avro in Flume
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 13:52:38 GMT
I tried using the HDFS Sink to generate the avro file by using the
serializer as avro_event. But it is not generating avro file. But a
sequence file. Is it not suppose to generate a avro file with default
schema ?  Or do I have to generate the avro data from text in my
HTTPHandler source ?

 "{ \"type\":\"record\", \"name\": \"Event\", \"fields\": [" +

      " {\"name\": \"headers\", \"type\": { \"type\": \"map\", \"values\":
\"string\" } }, " +
      " {\"name\": \"body\", \"type\": \"bytes\" } ] }");

--
Deepak Subhramanian