flume-user mailing list archives

From wesley dias <wesleyd...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Exception in thread "SinkRunner-PollingRunner-DefaultSinkProcessor" on writing to HDFS sink
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 04:53:38 GMT
Thanks Roshan. But issue is now resolved. I compiled flume 1.4 from source using protobuf 2.5
and this solved the below mentioned issue. My guess is that the distribution available for
flume 1.4 from the release site must have been compiled using protobuf 2.4

Regards,

Wesley

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:41:52 -0700
Subject: Re: Exception in thread "SinkRunner-PollingRunner-DefaultSinkProcessor" on writing
to HDFS sink
From: roshan@hortonworks.com
To: wesleydias@outlook.com

HDP already includes hadoop 2.2.0 + Flume 1.4. You'd be better of just using instead of building
and testing that combo out on your own.
http://hortonworks.com/products/hdp-2/?b=2#overview

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM, wesley dias <wesleydias@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply.Does this mean that I would need to compile the flume from source
using protobuf 2.5 instead of directly using the flume distribution available for download
from the site? Is flume 1.4 based of protobuf 2.4?

I am not sure of the same hence I am asking these questions.

Regards,

Wesley