flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: send the whole logs
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 05:45:27 GMT
The timestamp is in the event header. You would need to use a serializer which also writes
out the headers.

Thanks,
Hari

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Martinus m wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I'm using Syslog UDP source and on the syslog messages it have it's timestamp for each
message. I also use HDFS sink, but when I saw the result message on HDFS folder, it doesn't
have the timestamp (date) info.

> Thanks,
>
> Martinus
>

> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM, David Sinclair <dsinclair@chariotsolutions.com (mailto:dsinclair@chariotsolutions.com)>
wrote:
> > Martinus,
> >
> > Can you give a little more details? It sounds like you want to use the Spooling
Directory Source, http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#spooling-directory-source, but
if you can be clearer about your requirements, I may be able to help you better.