flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Extending HTTPHandler in Flume
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 20:33:32 GMT
Deepak,

That info is there in the Flume User Guide: http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#installing-third-party-plugins

Thanks,
Hari

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Deepak Subhramanian wrote:

> Thanks Dave. I got it done extended. I struggled for sometime since I put the jar in
the wrong directory. It will be good to have the documentation updated with this information.

> For the Source to pick up the new java class , the jar needs to be in the plugins.d/<flumesrcname>/lib
directory. I put directly in the plugins.d directory.

> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM, David Sinclair <dsinclair@chariotsolutions.com (mailto:dsinclair@chariotsolutions.com)>
wrote:
> > Hi Deepak,
> >
> > You just need to provide an implementation of the HTTPSourceHandler interface and
set the handler to the fully qualified class name of your class. Additional parameters will
be given to your handle on the configure method. The properties will be anything that starts
with handler.*.

(mailto:deepak.subhramanian@gmail.com)> wrote:
> > > Hi ,
> > >
> > > Has anyone extended HTTPHandler  in Flume . I am trying to add an extension
to recieve xml documents and convert it to Avro. Appreciate any inputs