flume-user mailing list archives

From Sarah Etzler <Sarah.Etz...@crown.com>
Subject Re: Setting up JMS MessageSelector for JMS Flume Source
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:17:24 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I suppose my next question would be that Flume reads in the entire value
following the first '=' character and passes that onto the JMS
implementation, (in our case ActiveMQ)?  I just want to be positive that
there isn't an issue with the second '=' character that would cause the
JMS implementation to only receive the first part of the value or the
whole value minus the '=' character.  I am only lead to think this because
a proper java properties file would need to have the '=' escaped in some
manner so I want to ensure that this is not the case with the Flume
configuration file.

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

From:   Brock Noland <brock@cloudera.com>
To:     "user@flume.apache.org" <user@flume.apache.org>,
Date:   09/16/2013 11:12 AM
Subject:        Re: Setting up JMS MessageSelector for JMS Flume Source

Hi,

Just to make sure we are the same page, the message selector is a JMS
concept, not a Flume one. We take whatever string you give us an pass
it to the JMS implementation you are using. Here is some more details
on JMS Message Selectors:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19798-01/821-1841/bncer/index.html

Based on that page I would think the syntax you specified is correct.

Brock