flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Log4jAppender Hostname Interceptor
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:05:59 GMT
You could inspect the event in an interceptor and insert into the event header right? The hostname
interceptor inserts the hostname of the agent that received the events - not the one that
generated it. Unless you are running the agent on the same machine as the process that generated
the log event, this is not what you want.

Thanks,
Hari

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Cameron Gandevia wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to register the Hostname Interceptor when using the log4jappender? I would
like to add the hostname header of the machine that generated the log event without modifying
the event body.