flume-user mailing list archives

From Anat Rozenzon <a...@viber.com>
Subject Fwd: 4 times disk consumption?
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 05:17:43 GMT
After leaving flume to run in this state (sink is not sending the events),
the disk space has now grown to 3.4G!
I see the same files COMPLETED as yesterday so no new events were read into
the channel, yet the channel keeps growing!

I see this file structure under the file channel work folder:

[root@HTS4 old_logs]# du -sh flume/filechannel/data/*
0       flume/filechannel/data/in_use.lock
1.6G    flume/filechannel/data/log-1
4.0K    flume/filechannel/data/log-1.meta
1.6G    flume/filechannel/data/log-2
4.0K    flume/filechannel/data/log-2.meta
338M    flume/filechannel/data/log-3
4.0K    flume/filechannel/data/log-3.meta

Any way to avoid this behavior?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anat Rozenzon <anat@viber.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Subject: 4 times disk consumption?
To: user@flume.apache.org

Hi,

I have a directory spooler connected to a file channel, currently with a
non-working sink.
Channel capacity is 200M (events?!), since the sink is not working, the
channel gets filled.

However, I see that although the original files total size is 150M, the
full file channel isusing almost 4 times that disk space (i.e. 550M).

Any idea why? is this the expected ratio between original size and file
channel disk usage?

Thanks
Anat