flume-user mailing list archives

From Edward Sargisson <esa...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Log4jAppender Hostname Interceptor
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 04:49:27 GMT
Hi Cam,
Log4j2 Flume Appender using the embedded agent allows Flume interceptors to
be specified.

It's a bit of a heavyweight solution because it inserts pretty much all of
Flume into the host process but it does work nicely.

Cheers,
Edward

Cameron said,
"Hi

Thanks for the reply. You are correct we use the log4jappender without
running a local agent to send events to second tier remote agents. We would
like the header to reflect the host of the original event not the remote
agent. Just wanted to make sure this functionality didn't already exist
before I worked on a patch."