flume-user mailing list archives

From Guillermo Ortiz <konstt2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume doesn't stop the last agent when I modify the flume.conf
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 21:17:52 GMT
I think that I don't explain myself correctly.

Imagine that we have only one agent in our flume.conf. If I delete it from
my flume.conf, Flume doesn't call the stop method of my source, so I keep
producing data from Twitter (My source is a streaming of Twitter). Flume
detects that my agent doesn't exist anymore, that's right, but when you
delete the last one, it doesn't call the stop method.

If you do the same with two agents, I mean,,, you have the agents A and B,
and you delete the agent B, Flume calls the stop method of the source
(agent) B and reload the flume.conf, loading the configuration agent  and
the agent A.

Guillermo.